On 12/02/2013 06:23 PM, Philipp Janda wrote:

... and although "long long" is not in C90 either, it was implemented as an extension by many C90 compilers (and C++, I believe) before the C99 standard was defined. Also, "long long" is not required to be 64 bits wide (but it is at least as wide as a "long"). "ptrdiff_t" on the other hand *is* in C90 and has a good chance to be 64 bits on a machine that supports 64 bit addresses.

Philipp

We run Lua on a 32bit processor, and still use 64bit integers now and then. So I don't think "ptrdiff_t" would be a good idea. A global define that let one use C99 would be nice, but editing luaconf.h is actually not that hard either.

--
Thomas