This may be exactly what you want
https://github.com/terwin/luaOSM/blob/master/rockspec/luaosm-1.0-1.rockspec

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Jose <jmalv04@gmail.com> wrote:
A Lua binding for readosm seems the most flexible approach (readosm is from spatialite, mentioned in previous answer)
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/readosm-1.0.0b-doxy-doc/index.html
https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/readosm/index

and then write this example in Lua (to compare to the C one)
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/readosm-1.0.0b-doxy-doc/test_osm2_8c-example.html