Hi,

Does anyone have any experience parsing OpenStreetMap XML data in Lua?

The files are large enough that I suspect it’s not practical to read the whole file into a string and then generate a table representing the file, so most of the approaches on http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaXml are probably ruled out, but it’s simple enough data that LuaExpat seems like overkill (I’m happy to use it if that’s the best option, but I’d prefer pure Lua if possible).

Thanks in advance,
Geoff