Your Error looks like, some entry point in your exe cant be found. I read your mail in a way, you pulled your externals for the proxy-dll out of lua51.dll. I think it is the wrong approach. my steps was:
1. compile the exe with statically linked runtime and
   __dllextported library functions.
   (your mails sounds like you did this already successfully.)
2. run "mkproxy myexe.exe lua51" to create the lua51.dll and lua51.lib
3. optional: compile your modules against the new lua51.lib

Ulrich.