On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:
> Funny, I have the opposite opinion -- vi hurts my head trying to
> remember all of the commands, while emacs hurts my hands with all of
> the chords.

True - I can swing both ways on this question ;)  Perhaps we agree
that these are fine pieces of early Computing Century software and
leave them to those who have trained their hands (like pianists) or
filled their heads with dozens of single-character commands?

I like dit because it understands the 'modern' editing vocabulary,
ctrl-C, ctrl-V, shift-cursor selects.  About the only commands you
have to remember are ctrl-j, ctrl-k for moving between buffers. I do
wish that Hisham works on some auto-indent code, exposes the embedded
Lua more, and allows a person to hop to compile errors, but I
understand that he is doing his PhD ;)