I wrote this app almost entirely with it. Almost since some small things still needed Java glue as Java's reflection API did not account for them back in the day. Less of them are needed for Android 4.x since they've been added as functions.

I used Steve Donovans fork of AndroLua for it, coupled with Tim Mensch's garbage collection patch.

The whole thing works quite well and I'd recommend it. I'd do another app in the same manner. You do however lose out on Java-code-analysis tools like Android Lint helping you.