Hi:

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:23 PM, Tim Hill <drtimhill@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my application it is desirable/necessary for me to check that a table is
> indeed a sequence before further processing it. Lua does not provide any
> easy or efficient means of doing so. To me this is a flaw in the language. I
> believe it is easy to fix, but such discussions are frowned upon in this
> list, so I will not discuss this further.

IMO this is a flaw in your application. I have some apps which need
'sequences' ( and I mean easy and efficient ones), so they are coded
in languages which support them, not in a language which only has
dictionaries. If being coded in Lua is a requirement, then maybe the
flaws are in the requirement, I mean, if I tell you 'build me an app
which needs proper sequences in a language which does not have proper
sequences'. ( I consider low level languages, where every data struct
comes from library, to have support for them, so I would think
something like 80286 assembler adequate ).

Francisco Olarte.