On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Francisco Olarte
<folarte@peoplecall.com> wrote:
> IMO this is a flaw in your application. I have some apps which need
> 'sequences' ( and I mean easy and efficient ones), so they are coded
> in languages which support them, not in a language which only has
> dictionaries. If being coded in Lua is a requirement, then maybe the
> flaws are in the requirement,

You could keep the convenience of Lua and the raw power of C by using
LuaJIT, since it's possible to allocate raw arrays of numbers
(C-style) and manipulate them efficiently in LuaJIT using
straightforward Lua code. If some bits _need_ to be in C (existing
code, Lua _found_ to be inadequate) then LJ's ffi can bind to them
directly and efficiently.

For most platforms where performance is an issue, there's a LuaJIT port.