On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> wrote:
On 27 September 2013 11:55, Jerome Vuarand <jerome.vuarand@gmail.com> wrote:

Note that I'm not suggesting this as an alternative to StackTracePlus,
which is a polished standalone module, but as another point of
reference for work already done in this area, in case its code or
ideas help or inspire someone :)

Definitely, these are very useful ideas. I'm also considering collecting stack traces in a form best suited to be manipulated. Like collecting the info but not returning an already formated string.

This need arose from the poor state of error handling in LuaNode. At times, it is more difficult than necessary to intepret correctly a stack traces when callbacks and/or coroutines are involved, since I need to combine the information of an error that occured in a coroutine with the callback that resumed it, with the code that issued the operation that called the callback.

Regards,
Ignacio