On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 3:42 AM, Thijs Schreijer
<thijs@thijsschreijer.nl> wrote:
>> I'm curious to know what the Windows compiler usage/breakdown is. My sense
>> from this list is that many use mingw et al. I don't and I imagine that
>> most people that are developing *for* Windows use VS.
>
> Myself, I develop using VS. Once it does what I want, I fix it to work with MinGW to get rid of the MSVCxxx issues while using LuaRocks builtin mode as a 'make' equivalent. Next step is making it run on a linux box, still relying on LuaRocks for building.

I did the same thing a couple of times when working with a team that
claimed to be very proficient with VS, but when finally faced the
release procedure, we all fought with VS for a week before switching
to mingw.

for my personal work, it's all done in Linux, and if it has to be
deployed on windows, i just use mingw.  If it's GUI work, i use
QtCreator on both platforms (compiled with mingw for windows)

--
Javier