On Friday, September 27, 2013, steve donovan wrote:
On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Peter Drahoš <drahosp@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my experience on Windows the separate dirs approach solves almost all problems.

Also, directory symlinks ('junctions') work very well on Windows, so
changing a symlink on the path can be used to switch between
interpreters easily. Since on Windows the module paths are relative to
the executable, this is effectively switching to a another set of
modules as well.

steve d.

This is exactly how I manage it in my home made virtual world, although that is to switch between 64 and 32 bit.

I'm wondering what purpose the junctions serve on a distribution. If I'm set up for VS made DLLs, under what use case would I want to switch to something else? I can only think that would be relevant to another module maker.

My understanding is that CMake is configured to support mingw and VS for every module and so it sounds like a junction would be set once, for typical installs. Correct?