On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>         LUALUA = /usr/local/share/lua/5.1
>         LUALIB = /usr/local/lib/lua/5.1
>
>         install : all
>                 install -d $(LUALUA)/org/conman
>                 install -d $(LUALUA)/org/conman/dns
>                 install lib/strcore.so $(LUALIB)/org/conman
> While I do have it hardcoded, LuaRocks can override the locations (on my
> main development system I have LuaRocks install modules into
> "$HOME/.luarocks").  This is pretty much what you are asking for, right?

I can read that no problem (although there are so sensible rules for
making make files LR - usable on the wiki) but then I'm amphibious.
This is not clear or obvious to Windows users!

>   Compared to Windows, *everything* is a minority system.

Oh I don't know: there's apparently a company in California that has
squared the circle and sells sexy Unix machines ....

Not everyone on Linux (either) is details-aware, also. (They may even
not have beards.)  The complication there is that they're used to
their package managers and LR does not play nice with that.  (I've
done a little project called ldeb for packaging Lua stuff as Debian
packages, something equivalent should exist for the RPM abomination as
well)

True minority OS people usually know what they're doing - the BSDs and
so forth ;)

So a little, easily-customized Lua script for putting things in the
right places is a useful thing to have.  I should stop talking and
just do it, but it would be pure work-avoidance at the moment ....

steve d.