It was thus said that the Great steve donovan once stated:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:
> > I hope that people who make useful libraries continue to remember that a
> > totmopt
> > mOtg
>
> Who could disagree with this? ;)
>
> LR-only isn't an option, which is why I'm thinking of a minimal
> installer -

  Installer?  What are you, some type of Windows user? 8-P

  Coming from the Unix world, I'm used to the "configure; make; make
install" method of installation [1].  And unless I change it with some
options to configure, everything ends up installed in /usr/local.

> but there's no substitute for a simple text description of
> what goes where, so the hand-rollers can work out where things go.

  But how do you describe such a list?

  -spc (I like "/usr/local" but some Unix systems prefer "/opt")

[1]	And back when I started, there was no "configure" step, you had to
	tweak the Makefile or a header file before running make.

	<gramps>And we liked it!</gramps>