It was thus said that the Great steve donovan once stated:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
> >   Installer?  What are you, some type of Windows user? 8-P
>
> Ah, I'm not thinking of a fancy GUI thing - just a simple
> self-contained Lua script which will Do The Right Thing on anything
> with a command-line (including Windows ;))

  Oh, like make then 8-P

> make+sh+dozens-of-little-commands are not very Windows friendly, and
> overkill for the job anyway.

  Granted, makefiles generated from autotools (the "configure" stuff) tends
to be a bit opaque, but it doesn't have to be.  Here is the "installation"
portion from some modules [1]:

	LUALUA = /usr/local/share/lua/5.1
	LUALIB = /usr/local/lib/lua/5.1

	install : all
	        install -d $(LUALUA)/org/conman
	        install -d $(LUALUA)/org/conman/dns
	        install lua/*.lua $(LUALUA)/org/conman
	        install lua/dns/*.lua $(LUALUA)/org/conman/dns
	        install -d $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install -d $(LUALIB)/org/conman/fsys
	        install lib/env.so     $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install lib/errno.so   $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install lib/fsys.so    $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install lib/math.so    $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install lib/syslog.so  $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install lib/iconv.so   $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install lib/crc.so     $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install lib/hash.so    $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install lib/magic.so   $(LUALIB)/org/conman/fsys
	        install lib/process.so $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install lib/net.so     $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install lib/pollset.so $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install lib/tcc.so     $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install lib/sys.so     $(LUALIB)/org/conman
	        install lib/strcore.so $(LUALIB)/org/conman

While I do have it hardcoded, LuaRocks can override the locations (on my
main development system I have LuaRocks install modules into
"$HOME/.luarocks").  This is pretty much what you are asking for, right?

> Minority operating systems would not be a priority (sorry ole Solaris!)

  Compared to Windows, *everything* is a minority system.

  -spc

[1]	https://github.com/spc476/lua-conmanorg