On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Hao Wu <wuhao.wise@gmail.com> wrote:
If you have a bit history of compilers, you will find these slides very helpful,

I am not a good reader, but this is the paper for your reference,

Thanks Hao. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a compilers background, though I have used flex and bison back in school, but never in real life.  I did find those two PDFs and have tried to go through them, but I was looking for something even more simplified... let's say "LPEG for dummies" !!

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 5:44 AM, Jayanth Acharya <jayachar88@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a layman friendly, step-by-step tutorial explaining PEG and usage
> of LPEG ?

Did you find http://lua-users.org/wiki/LpegTutorial ?

I wrote it after explaining lpeg to myself, and captured that learning
process ;)