Went through 3-4 different sources to understand how to use LPEG. Just can't seem to cross the chasm, in beginning to comprehend how to use it. I've to admit, that I have grappled with PEG as well (the Wiki page). I am beginning to think that I need to develop a level of expertise of Lua, before I can step-up to understanding something like LPEG. The way the grammar is described... seems so unusual, and syntactically doesn't look like Lua.

Is there a layman friendly, step-by-step tutorial explaining PEG and usage of LPEG ?