Hi, Gary!

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Gary V. Vaughan <gary@vaughan.pe> wrote:

>> On 22 Sep 2013, at 17:50, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm writing an overview section for documentation of our new
>> open-source Lua DSL building library (to be announced). And I'm
>> looking for real-world examples of internal Lua DSLs.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "internal", but perhaps my Specl project
> Is of interest to you?

Well, internal or embedded DSLs are DSL which [ab]use host
general-purpose language syntax to gave user a feeling that he is
writing in a different, domain-specific language. I.e. code in
internal Lua DSL is valid Lua code, that loadfile() would understand
without modifications.

http://martinfowler.com/bliki/DomainSpecificLanguage.html

So, while Specl is a very interesting project, it is not an internal
Lua DSL. OTOH, I should look closely at other testing libraries for
Lua, they often use some kind of internal DSL, thanks for a reminder.
:-)

<...>

> Dunno if that's helpful, but I'd be very pleased for a mention in your
> project :-)

Well it does not quite fit to my project, which has somewhat narrower
scope. But if I'll get more references in this thread, I'll probably
start a page on Lua-Users Wiki about Lua-related DSLs (if there is not
one yet), and put it there among the others. (If someone wishes to
beat me to it, please do, my hands are full these days... :( )

Thanks,
Alexander.