Thanks Hisham! I've been meaning to investigate LuaRocks for some time, and this is just the push I needed.

As for the Lua5.2 dependency (camicc olo), there is a dependency on lua_Unsigned and associated API for conversion to and from number type, but it ought to be straight forward to eliminate that with some #define trickery. I'll look into it.