On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in attending a Lua meet-up in Minneapolis / Saint Paul area
> in Minnesota.
>
> Does anyone know of such a group?
>
> If there isn't one, is their interest in one? My company already hosts the
> Drupal variant and we'd love to do the same for Lua.
>
> If there is not interest here, are there ideas on where one might troll for
> more interest?

For what it's worth, I'd definitely attend if I were in town (and knew
about it... *grumble grumble, book tour, fist shaking*), say after New
Year's
visiting family. Well, and if there were no blizzard. :D But obviously
you're looking for people who are usually not 1000 miles away...

I see a Corona SDK group on Meetup.com. Looks pretty new, though, and
could be iffy as far as interest in Lua proper goes. A few people DO
appear as "on the waiting list" for a Lua group. Maybe some mobile
development groups would turn up something?

I looked in the Twin Cities IGDA's game developer list but didn't see
any "Oh yeah, I know they use Lua" cases. I did no follow-up
investigation,
though, so who knows. Otherwise, all I can think of is that Adobe has
that Arden Hills office, but I have no idea who does what where.