On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 7:09 PM, kamicc olo <kamicc@gmail.com> wrote:
An idea of just wrapping some stuff from libcql:
https://github.com/mstump/libcql

Quite interesting - thanks for the share. It so happens that on the Cassandra IRC channel there is some heavy recommendation happening of Datastax drivers, which I believe was forked from this project (or is perhaps the commercial version of this project).

Reading some of the recent comments here, I got the impression that creating Lua bindings for libraries in C++, isn't as simple or straightforward as bindings for libraries written in C. I hope one of the experts creates a Lua lib out of this.

On 9/17/13, Choonster TheMage <choonster.2010@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 September 2013 23:12, Jayanth Acharya <jayachar88@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just trying to double-check if this mail went out! Absolute silence on
>> the
>> subject was a bit unexpected.
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Jayanth Acharya <jayachar88@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> While I am still a bit far from my learning goals as far as Lua is
>>> concerned (struggling with getting full grasp of the power/flexibility
>>> of
>>> metatables and userdata), I just thought of checking something.
>>>
>>> At work, we are exploring usage of Cassandra as the NoSQL
>>> distributed-datastore. So, I thought of googling around for Lua API for
>>> Cassandra, which could be either a binding around the fairly low-lever
>>> (and
>>> somewhat hard-to-use) Thrift API, or higher level CQL access. However,
>>> so
>>> far, I've not found anything. I've come across usage of Lua with Redis &
>>> Lua
>>> -- so Lua usage with NoSQL data-stores does exist. Maybe I didn't look
>>> at
>>> the right places ?
>>

> I got your original message without issue. Unfortunately, I don't have
> the answer to your question.

Thanks for letting me know. Appreciated :)