> Well, I'm really not sure how you measure "popular". Lua is an embedded
> language and thus often is not "visible" even when critical to a project.
> For example, Lua is used in the UI of all Amazon Kindles .. does anyone
> know that? Do they factor this in when they measure "popular"? And what
> about all the games that use it?

Yes, I know [1]. I should have probably said trendy instead.

Lua is one of those languages so many things run on but
most people don't know about (except in games and embedded
software).

Anyway that was definitely not an attack on Lua. I for one
care about simplicity. I guess what this graph says is
that if we want Lua to become *even more* successful we'd
better improve the availability of Open Source libraries.

Which is what we're doing, right? After all, we have passed
the 300 rocks milestone recently :)

[1] http://files.catwell.info/presentations/2013-02-human-talks-lua/

--
Pierre Chapuis