On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
> care about simplicity. I guess what this graph says is
> that if we want Lua to become *even more* successful we'd
> better improve the availability of Open Source libraries.

Oh yes, if I didn't care about simplicity (and performance) I would
use Python like everyone else ;)

But people want what they want, except better.  Where I work, numpy is
the big reason I can't recommend Lua (which is fine; I'm not an
evangelist)   GSL-shell is awesome (very fast) but there is only one
Francesco, whereas the big Python numeric stack has actually had
serious real money put into it. One would need in effect a second
Kepler project to do numerics properly.