On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
> Apparently, when picking a language, people
> consider the availability of Open Source
> libraries the most important criterion and
> simplicity the *least* important...

So, in short, people like using stuff that's familiar to everyone on
the team, with lots of nice free libraries without legal restrictions.

'simplicity' is a problem word: I suspect people think it means 'simplistic'.

And as Tim says, real languages get used and don't make a fanfare
about it.  Despite being deeply unfashionable, C is still everywhere,
and Lua is everywhere in games.