On 9/10/2013 4:42 AM, Seppl Vorderhörer wrote:
Am 09.09.2013 02:27, schrieb Michael Richter:
On 9 September 2013 05:22, Seppl Vorderhörer wrote:
[snip snip snip]
[snip snip snip]

I even dare to say that the creators of programming languages
usually choose keywords to have meanings that to some extent
coincide with or come close to their meanings in natural languages.

There's always the cultural baggage of earlier programming language. Math and math logic baggage too, etc. Please read the paper on Lua's history.

Is it realistic to expect 'English meanings' for all constructs? Do newbie Lua programmers expect Lua to be really simple to use as in, it must closely reflect normal human language?

I have some doubts about how useful this thread is.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)