On Sep 9, 2013, at 6:57 AM, Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@guerrag.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 7:27 AM, David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, and C is old and no new project is using it.
>
> talk for yourself.  all my Lua extensions are either C or LuaJIT ffi
> (which inherits lots of it's semantics from C)
>

>> I really not recommend a user to do C anymore.
>
> I do.
>
> --
> Javier

+1 here too.

The basic idea of OO is great, and the core C++ is pretty useful too, but C++ has become bloated, complex, and dangerous. The compilers are huge and slow, the runtime is absurd, and the syntax reminds me more of Malbolg than any other language I know. For a language that is 30+ years old, C has been stable and robust, and it's flaws at least have the virtue of being well known.

--Tim