On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 09:38:59AM -0400, Rena wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Choonster TheMage
> <choonster.2010@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> > Lua 5.3.0-work1 uses long long as it default integer type:
> > https://github.com/lua/lua/blob/master/src/luaconf.h#L387-L389
> >

> I wonder why not uint64_t?

Lua is written in C89.  Isn't this a C99ism?

(It's sad that Lua's written in C89.  But this isn't a comment on the
authors, but the state of the world's compilers.  There are features in
C11 I'd love to use, but basically only people using clang could ever
build it.)

B.

But why is it that when a compiler lacks support for a feature that's been standard for years/decades, we just accept it and avoid using that feature, instead of considering it a buggy compiler and bugging the maintainers?

--
Sent from my Game Boy.