On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM, David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com> wrote:
> Object orientation, templates, namespaces, lambdas, STL, smart
> pointers... All of these things will never get me back to C :-). Also,
> I really not recommend a user to do C anymore.

But everything has a cost. In particular, hard to interface a C++
codebase without effectively writing a C interface.

Without shared libstdc++, executables are enormous, otherwise the new
shiny features need an updated libstdc++ on target computers,

Just pointing out that every rainbow has a dark side.  C++11 is very
cool, but there are good reasons why solid infrastructure stuff is
done in C.