On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, list,

A lazy question here.

I need to build Lua 5.1 AST for a bunch of files — as a bunch of
nested plain Lua tables.

I.e., more or less, what Metalua does.

I do not need that library to do anything with these tables — I'll
manage that myself (but I can just ignore extra functionality, no
problem — as long as it is not too bloated).

Last time I looked (several years ago), Metalua was not a very clean
solution (if I remember correctly). I would like a plain Lua 5.1 code,
supported by LuaJIT, installable as a neat and self-contained rock,
which would not affect anything in my environment and do what it is
told.

I see that several new libraries appeared on a horizon, and Metalua
itself moved on a bit.

Is there something out there that will suit my desires? Or what I can
adapt reasonably well?

Thanks,
Alexander.

How about this? http://lua-users.org/wiki/LpegRecipes

You still need some work to build AST from the capture but it should be simple.