> MessagePack (http://msgpack.org/) is an efficient binary serialization format.

If you like efficient binary serialization we have been working on a similar binary serialization library.
The specifications are available here [1].

It has the same concepts:
	- binary and efficient
	- variable size serialization for frequently used object (typical example: a small int take less bytes than a bigger int)
	- auto descriptive typing system (no need to have an out-of-band data model exchange)

Bysant has an additional concept: have a context based serialization table, so that it can adapt the ranges of variable size objects to optimize bandwidth a little bit more.

We have a C implementation [2] that support streaming and a Lua binding [3] on top of it.

Everything is under EPL.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/6/6a/M3DABysantSerializer.pdf
[2] http://git.eclipse.org/c/mihini/org.eclipse.mihini.git/tree/libs/bysant
[3] http://git.eclipse.org/c/mihini/org.eclipse.mihini.git/tree/luafwk/m3da