> This is from Lua 5.2.1. I suppose I should update to 5.2.2, was it fixed
> there?

I may be wrong, but I think all definitions of lua_number2int in
llimits.h are protected by some previous define (either MS_ASMTRICK
or LUA_MSASMTRICK or LUA_IEEE754TRICK). If you undefine all them in
luaconf.h, then llimits.h will respect your definition:

  /* the following definitions always work, but may be slow */

  #if !defined(lua_number2int)
  #define lua_number2int(i,n)     ((i)=(int)(n))
  #endif

-- Roberto