On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
> It was thus said that the Great Coda Highland once stated:
>> That's rather outside the scope of Lua as an embeddable scripting
>> language, not to mention it would have some terrible overhead for the
>> most common use case of a single thread.
>
>   Measure it.
>
>   Back in the mid-90s, some friends of mine worked at a company producing
> commercial X servers, and their fastest server ran under QNX, which is (it's
> still around) a pure message passing based operating system (you make system
> calls by passing a message).
>
>   -spc (Rather fond of QNX ... )

As I said in my very next e-mail... I had misread what was being
suggested. I had thought that the proposal was to use message-passing
for ALL data storage/retrieval -- THIS would have sucked for
single-threaded use. But of course, you can't edit an e-mail after
you've sent it, and I realized a few minutes later that this wasn't
what was being suggested at all.

/s/ Adam