On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:56 AM, Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
in conclusion: all Lua API calls must be protected by a mutex tied to
the Lua State.  (that's what the global locks mentioned by Luiz do
when compiled with the appropriate preprocessor flags)

How about 'daughter threads' launched in different OS threads? So there may be some mutexed communication between these in the same 'global' Lua state?

I do something like this in winapi, but it's finicky and I'm wondering under what conditions it can be guaranteed to be stable.

steve d.