Thanks for the patch, Thijs, but I believe it is unrelated to the problem at hand. I would bet on a misbehaving C library forgetting to do lua_checkstack and causing memory corruption in the heap.

Running the failing test under valgrind should be instructive, but I see someone closed the original issue, does that mean the cause was found?

--
Fabio Mascarenhas

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Thijs Schreijer <thijs@thijsschreijer.nl> wrote:
> [...]

Not sure whether it fixes your problem. But I just submitted a PR [1] to fix an issue with coxpcall I ran into. You might want to give it a try.

Thijs

[1] https://github.com/keplerproject/coxpcall/pull/1