On 27/04/2013 21:29, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Do you think we are ready for our own lua.stackexchange.com?
Would it be a good thing for the Lua community?

There are already many Lua questions in stackoverflow.com:
	http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/lua
	http://stackoverflow.com/tags/lua/topusers

As said, the fact we have such search tools makes a separate site not really necessary.
The main issue is that niche sites might fail to attract people, making the site to wither or to stagnate.

To have our own site, lua.stackexchange.com, we'd need a critical mass.
But it would allow us to reduce the traffic in lua-l to announcements
and discussions about the design and future of Lua.

The policy of Stackexchange doesn't favor using it for announcements...
These are Q&A sites, not suited to such kind of post, and even not encouraging too broad questions without real answer (like most syntax discussions here).

In short, the idea is interesting and seducing, but I am not sure it will be successful, or even adapted to your vision.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France