On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Benjamin Heath <benjamin.joel.heath@gmail.com> wrote:

I think I'd rather the CLI be good, thin, and stupid.

(on-topic) I tend this way (after all, I use Lua).  Classic Windows CLI is too limited, Powershell is too weird and platform-specific, and the Bourne shell is a bad programming language that happens to make a good CLI (there may well be an orthogonal relationship here)   I did have some ideas for a Lua-based shell, but it seems like such a minority pursuit, really.  Bash is Good Enough.