Sorry for the tardy replies:

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 4:12 PM, <viniciusjarina@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you use C# instead of Java ;) ?

No, Java is a fixed requirement, so I can't use C#.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM, <PhiLho@GMX.net> wrote:

Irony aside, I wonder why you need such old version of Lua. You have lot of old code to run in this environment?

Yes, I am working with a client who has a large application that relies on Lua 4 features to run. The client has looked into porting it to Lua 5.x, but it would be a fairly significant effort for no real gain since it runs quite well as is.

Anyway, I followed up on your suggestion of exploring the commit history for LuaJava and as best I can tell there is not a compatible version. After doing a little tinkering, however, the amount of effort in adapting it to use Lua 4 has been pretty small. So that's the route I've taken.

As soon as I get finished, I will make available (either hosting myself or talking to the LuaJava folks) the work I've done on the non-zero (but infinitesimally small :) chance that somebody else could make use of it.

Matt