On 04/24/2013 04:01 AM, David Favro wrote:
On 04/24/2013 07:15 AM, Rena wrote:
So, what I'm saying is that it isn't very important what meaning you
assign to "*a" because it would rarely if ever be useful anyhow.  UDP
can be useful for some multiple-packet applications (e.g. streaming
media) but I don't think that "*a" is going to make sense in those cases
either.

I think this sums it up pretty well: if the user want something like "*a", the sane method is using TCP. "*l" and "number" can be served by UDP and TCP, depending on reliability and ordering requirements.

Jorge