On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 6:10 AM, Xavier Wang <weasley.wx@gmail.com> wrote:
> maybe you can try to cache the nested proxy table also,  just use a single
> weak table to store all your proxy table.

But if I cache the proxy instead of the metatable, that means someone
could rawset keys of the proxy that prevent access to the actual value
in the result table. That proxy could then get passed on to multiple
different callers that expected to get an empty proxy and instead got
one with values that don't match the actual result.