I'm writing a library that depends on lua-zlib[1], but I'm having a
hard time compiling it on Windows. I've tried doing it Visual Studio
2012, but I really have no idea what I'm doing.

When I try to compile it in VS, I get a bunch of linker errors telling
me that symbols can't be found (these are things defined in lua.h,
lauxlib.h or zlib.h). VS can find the header files that define these
symbols without issue, but it seems the linker can't find the files it
needs.

Can anyone tell me how to compile lua-zlib (and C libraries in
general) on Windows? I'm open to using VS2012, Cygwin, MinGW or pretty
much anything else.

Thanks,
Choonster

[1] https://github.com/brimworks/lua-zlib