On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Peter Drahoš <drahosp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Throwing LuaBuild into the mix does not solve anything.

Totally agree. It has a very specific mission, which is to build
custom 5.2 executables with embedded Lua code.  By its nature as a
single integrated custom build, it would not scale to the order of
magnitude more packages that LuaDist builds.  My hope in fact is that
LD acquires these features in due course.

I do think that Andrew and you are basically in agreement, apart from
the red herring ;)

steve d.