On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> Can this smartlua's defaults be set so that a programmer in braindead
> mode can intuitively use it to produce something a user in braindead
> mode can install?

To achieve such great simplicity, great care must be taken with the
design!  The mark of good engineering is to hide details. Although
heaven knows 'intuitively' is a loaded word - someone once said about
interfaces that the only intuitive interface is the nipple.

 'smartness' can be a very irritating quality in computer programs (as
it can be humans). Imagine an animated paper clip that asks 'I see you
want to package a Lua program?' !

Yes, I think it can be done, but it should be built on what we have.
Sometimes a hacker like myself has to sit on his hands until the
feeling passes ;)