On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>   Can you link to the discussion?  I'd be interested to know why Hisham
> thought it would be a step back?

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=29968059

Operative quote: "Isn't it paradoxical, if you came up with Penlight
to tackle the
problem of fragmentation and provide a one-stop-shop for utilities, to
start fragmenting it?"

>   True, but they don't have their own rockspecs.  I know I can download the
> whole thing (in fact, have done so), but I thought it might be nice if there
> was a bit of a finer grain control over what modules to install.

I dol think some of the components are sufficiently useful as
independent modules. I suppose it's a benefit/cost thing; you are more
than welcome (and you can quote this thread) to do rockspecs for
particular modules - remember than rockspecs understand Git references
and the url does not have to be an archive. But I don't feel like
spawning a large number of git repos, already drowning in them!

steve d.