On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 5:40 AM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>   Have you given thought to making a rockspec for each module?  Is that even
> desirable?

The useful and very self-contained stringio is already there, so
naturally I had that thought too. I raised this on the LuaRocks list
as a possibility, but Hisham thought that it would be something of a
step back.

> modules in PenLight that I would definitely use (like pl.lapp) but others
> that I'm not interested in using.

Lapp is a good candidate for having a separate life.  It would (for
instance) be rather cool if Lapp could support GUI backends, so that a
command-line specification would also serve to generate a dialog. That
would get too far from the scope of Penlight.

But do remember that these guys have less dependencies than they used
to, and so you can pick the ones that are useful.

steve d.