Sorry for the noise, but another project that is interesting to look
at is Homebrew [1]

It doesn't cover all of the ground here (voting, etc), but it works
really well, it's simple and it solves a lot of hard problems. I don't
want to imply anything against LuaRocks, either.

Also, resurrecting an existing Lua web site (like LuaForge) sounds
awesome to me, if that's possible. If not, Can I suggest:

[2] Room 100

-Andrew

[1] http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/
[2] http://kottke.org/05/02/loo-etymology