On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 5:39 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> What we do need is something like Amazon's user review
> system. I need say a json reader, the LuaWiki lists several and
> it's really hard to figure out which to try first. It's not going be the
> same for everyone. But with a user review system I can see
> which product gets a good rating from people with my sort of
> setup.

that reminds me of djangopackages.org, a great way to choose add-on
modules for Django projects (a Pythono web app framework).  the
authors created opencomparison.org, which offers "free subdomains to
open-source languages, web frameworks, and other projects."   it's
still somewhat Python centric, and seems to favor pypi-installable
packages, so it might not work out of the box for Lua, but there are
some good ideas to mull over:

besides the clasification, what i use most is the repository activity
graph, which pulls data from github and bitbucket.  it makes it easy
to weed out abandonware.  now, it has already been noted that Lua
mature modules have very little changes without detriment to quality.

another useful stat is the number of projects using it..... not sure
how it would translate to Lua

--
Javier