On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do we really need another library bank? We have luarocks.
> It's a pons asinorum. Packaging something as a rock is just tricky
> enough to eliminate the nine-day wonders and let through only
> those authors with a little staying power.

Well, I can honestly say that I am an ass when it comes to rockspecs,
so I write little utilities to write rockspecs, and forget how to use
them.

> What we do need is something like Amazon's user review
> system. I need say a json reader, the LuaWiki lists several
> ... But with a user review system I can see
> which product gets a good rating from people with my sort of
> setup.

Ah, you mean _anonymous voting_ ;)  We do have a gentleman's agreement
not to criticise each others modules...

Your last sentence used the magic word 'just' ;)  We had big ideas
about the LuaForge replacement; the Lua Snippets site was a
contribution to that debate, and Sputnik can certainly do that kind of
nifty trick.

steve d.