Lua list is indeed one of the most civilized and, above all, helpful
lists around.
The idea of a separate tutor list, however, is not bad at all. +1 from me.
The basic concept, I believe, is that of a separation of concerns. For
those who are interested in reading all kinds of posts, it's just a
matter of subscribing to both lists.
As has been pointed out in a previous post, splitting the lists would
result in a much lower noise ration in each list, which is desirable.