On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Rena <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, Lua is not terribly useful (for my purposes, at least) without
> some C libraries to make various system calls accessible. Even the
> standard libraries are written in C.

With LuaJIT, have a look at Justin Cormack's ljsyscall - if you're
building on a Linux kernel.

> So I guess there's some truth to
> that; it's just silly to build everything out of steel instead of
> using concrete...

Ah, and it turns out that steel isn't perfect either, it's too bendy.
Needs concrete!

The C-is-steel misconception encourages people to think that you
automatically get robust fast small code from C.  The number of bugs
and security breaches over the last 30 years is a refuation of this by
demonstration ;)

steve d.