It was thus said that the Great Michael Richter once stated:

> You mean like {…}?  Which is probably the single biggest blight^Wblock
> grouping construct in computing today?

> This list goes on and on and on without end.  When it's possible at all for
> many keyboard layouts, it's a wrist-twisting torture.  Therefore, by your
> logic, we should be lobbying for C, C++, Java, C#, Tcl, etc. etc. etc. to
> be changing their syntax.

  Actually, C (C89 and later) *does* allow alternatives to the following
characters:

	#
	\
	^
	[
	]

	{
	}
	~
	`

  They are, in the order above:

	??=
	??/
	??'
	??(
	??)
	??!
	??{
	??}
	??-

  Not the prettiest substitutions, but at least C makes the attempt.

  -spc (Although I'm not sure if any Obsfucted C Code Contest entries ever
	used them ... )