In article
<CA+ZMS_tvE7W_CyCj1oWjJo==g0i=fBBVKp4mrQhu-PjcOyiSpA@mail.gmail.com>, steve
donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Michael Gerbracht <smartmails@arcor.de>
> wrote:
> > Now I am thinking about looking into .net and luainterface. But before I
> > start again I would like to ask you whether this would be a good
> > decision. It is not as platform independent as the other toolkits I tried
> > first but with Mono it might be possible to use it on Linux (and Mac OS?)
> > - but platform independence does not have the highest priority for me.

> Practically anything that can be done in C# can be done in LuaInterface,
> and usually more elegantly by use of first class Lua functions.  I've been
> able to directly use NPlot from LuaInterface programs, which is a good
> charting library, well suited to scientific work.

Thanks, that sounds very good! Can you describe what is the best way to start
with .net and lua? Does it make sense to install Visual Studio? Can you
design the windows etc. with a graphical editor and access them from lua? Or
is it better to design everything as lua code?

> Current maintainers seem a bit asleep but I recently worked on the inner
> details so I should be able to remember what's going on ;)

That sounds good, too! I hope I will be able to use it without too much help,
but experience shows that there often remain some questions...

Michael